Graffiti

musings...jottings...memories...expressions...feelings. All unfolded on this palette of the mind

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

a good day at new years

Hi,
This tamil,mallu,oriya new year(apr 14)at last surmised in the much delayed meet of the gang of ours in a friend's place....n heavens...it felt so good to be among old pals again..I guess I slip in to this nostalgic mood very oft....kya karein..aadat ho gayi hai....anyways, back to the meet,..it was good....all that we did for close to 4 hours was yap away about just anything on this earth....vram n nil with their Calvin n hobbes .....vijay with his very calculated attacks on vram.....nil as usual...running in the gym ;-)
arvind about his mdi.....me chippng in the middle....n of course the relentless leg pulling sesisons of suja....nils' very nteresting description of hyperspace....n what not.....I think we just kept talking n laughing our hearts out......Its just been difficult to find a better bunch o friends for me man....
oh god....just to think when suja asks you such an intelligent question about some sher she remembered in a hindi movie..she says..."hey di...I just start laughing everytime he says that dialogue"..as if the actor was sitting next to her in her drawing room sofa n telling that to her!!! hehe..n then both of us would burst laughing again......mmmm....before I get all nostalgic again.....
this weekend was pretty bad though...ended up with fever n cold for all the cold drinks n juice suja, me n her roomy had oor-sutting n this chennai weather!!!
n oh yeah, finished harry potter at last.....this is the fastest book I read......anyways, like all the other fans I now await the next book...but then, something towards the end makes you feel that the hero in this case has been given too big a burden for a 14 year old!!!
...........to think of all the things we did when the famous five were 14 year olds...that reminds me...sorry about the lang..but there was this bunch o guys we used to despise in school n that was when we were in 6-7th or something....n the nick name we thought would be fitting for them was "Number 2 Gunde"..hehe..GOK who coined that in our gang.I think it was N......n then she had this really funny 1 liner she used to make people laugh when we were playing 'london london statue'...n this is how it rang...."naka naka naka naka boonde"....GOk what it meant or which lang....but the moment we hear it, we used to start laughing..of course with suj's ringing all the way..followed by anu's!!!.
.....the other thing that I've been upto have been of course reading up a few more books..lots in the to be read soon list......
well well...time to sign off.
Bye,
Di :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home