Unselected Jottings!!
Hi,
An update after a long spell of silence...its just that I could not think of any interesting article to post. Well, at first I thought that I should post some good article on some controversial topic, as the trend these days is!! But decided otherwise.
What I'm jotting down here are just random & am typing just what’s storming into my head now…..n here are some interesting tit bits of info…some which I read & some through conversation…..
Hush Puppies……I guess this name rings one of the best brands of shoes…..There is a unit in HLL in Pondicherry too. It seems the owner of the brand went to a friend’s farmhouse in some country side and his friend had this really cute puppy, whose name was ‘HUSH’. He liked the pup so much that he decided to use the name as his brand name and the pup’s picture in the shoe covers is ‘HUSH’.
Then there was this article about strategic thinking in our company intranet. This speaks about how sometimes we spend so much of time concentrating on the solution that the problem goes into oblivion! There was this soap manufacturing & packaging unit in Japan(Am not sure of the place), which once received a customer complaint that a soap box he brought was empty. So the assembly line crew & everyone thought that the problem would have come when the soap is packaged. An elaborate plan was being made to make sure such mistakes do not occur again. The co spent a huge amount to design a scanner that would fire an alarm anytime an empty soapbox passed beneath it in the conveyor. The same problem was given to a small-scale industry chap & he said that all he’d require is a big industrial blower. He would place all the packaged cases in front of the blower. All the empty ones would be blown off, with the non-empty ones falling on the conveyor!!! Call this strategic thinking or innovative thinking???!!!
There was this web site that I stumbled upon the other day on ‘Abstract Art’! well, s’posed to be something which doesn’t convey any meaning…depends on ur interpretation….but the categories in which the paintings were grouped….was too abstract man!!..but nonetheless…am now gonna try one of my own….lets see how abstract I can make it!!!
Well, this post has been very badly connected, with abrupt changes…but then this’s what I have to chip in for the moment.
Bye,
Di :-)


3 Comments:
hey the story abt hush puppies goes differently from wat i recollect... those days shoes were uncomfortable and felt like the bitting of the dogs..... so the name.... hush puppies...
lol...reminds me of how they came up with the name for Apple Computers... :)
Hi,
The thinking was great. "Sometimes we spend so much of time concentrating on the solution that the problem goes into oblivion". But sadly, even in the second case, the chap thought only of a solution, probably a more innovative n cheaper solution this time. But the problem is still not resolved and remains in oblivion leading to wastage in terms of material( empty packaging) and time/labour!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home